Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dr. Who?

And I'm not talking about the BBC show. I started this blog as an outlet for my celebrations and frustrations, as a place I could freely vent about all things love, life, and science that I love and I hate (and I love to hate!).  I will shortly update my "About me" so that you will know more, well, about me. But until then, let this little intro suffice. I am a fairly new postdoc at a major research university (MRU) in a physiology field. I have been married since before I started grad school and the joys of my life are (in addition to my husband) my two great dogs and a horse. No kids yet -- more about that later. I love my job, and I love my home life, and am still learning to balance the two.  Right now things are going well in that department (I think, having not been told otherwise by Mr. Wannabe or Dr. Boss).

And now a short introduction to the characters in this tale:

Dr. Wannabe: Me. A wanna be professor, currently working on a postdoc in preparation for said career.

Mr. Wannabe: Husband of several years in a non-academic position.

Dogs A and B: Dogs A and B. Providers of unconditional love, lots of laughs, and the occasional "NO! Don't EAT THAT!!"

Horse A: Spender of my dollars, eater of my carrots, and thing of beauty that allows me to ride her around pretending as if I know what I am doing.

Dr. Boss: Postdoctoral advisor. All around great guy.

Along with all of the random lab mates, friends, and family (though far away), these are those with whom I have the most interaction.  Let the games begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment